THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 14, 2009

Dave

My brother David

Dave is the most brave and ambitious person I know. He's my only living brother -and his place in my heart is beyond significant. Dave has the energy of all six of us kids put together. His incredible wife had to be so to keep up with him.
He has recently announced that the direction of his life is heading down a completely new path. He has gone back to school and is going to be an architect. This comes as NO surprise to those who knew him growing up. …Among his many talents, he was huge on architecture and design. I think it’s all part of his creativity. …This is a guy who has written some of the most incredibly beautiful music I’ve ever listened to, has played the Warped Tour with his little punk band (Woodly Bog) from high school, writes new business plans and ideas in his spare time (when he’s not playing with his family), and sings like a rock-star.
I don’t have the slightest doubt that Dave can accomplish anything he puts his mind to. I’m sure God led him to his last business venture (which was closed down after a short time) for a very sure purpose. This boy defines success -and if nothing professionally goes the way he thought it would, it’s for reasons he might never know, but others will. He doesn’t know about all of the people (myself included) he inspired with his ability to get himself up and keep going when the odds were stacked against him. He doesn‘t know about the lives he touched by providing the services he did -and does now. His knowledge and experience will be more than valuable -will be necessary to become what he is supposed to become. I just stand in awe at the amazingly educated, talented, and dedicated man he has become.
David, happy birthday -and I hope you know how much you mean to me. You’re one of my heroes.

6 comments:

mommynolan said...

I couldn't have said it better!
Thanks!

Mary said...

I agree 100%.

Lexy said...

thanks for making me cry Beck! Tha was so sweet! I will make sure he reads this! thanks

Lexy said...

Wow... that was very nice of you to say all that about me. Thanks Beck. I love you

Anonymous said...

I think it's incredible, how tight you all are!

Unknown said...

Amen. We all love Dave. :)