THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

In the Mirror

Today my eyes are swollen. Looking over my life, especially as a mother, there are so many mistakes and battles that I should have fought. Regret is an undeniable piece of life –and I can’t live without it and still have a conscience. I owe my children so much more than what I have given them.
This was pointed out to me yesterday in a very invasive and hurtful manner –however- it is true. In the end, I’ll be answering for the job I did with these girls. They are the most important “work” that I have on this Earth.


Swollen eyes are better than mistakes not acknowledged.

7 comments:

mommynolan said...

I love you! Mom

Joni said...

Being a mom means feeling guilty ALL of the time. We constantly feel like we could have, should have done more, better, etc. Just remember that you are a great mom, your heart is in the right place and those girls are going to grow up to be fabulous women and they will have YOU to thank for that. Hopefully, whoever it was that was so harsh with you, also takes the time to notice all that you do right with those girls!

Jessica said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. Remember that your girls are young and so are you. We have a lot of life left to try and be the best parents we can be. It is a never ending battle. I think you are a wonderful Mother and I'm 100% positive those girls think so too!

skipper said...

Take a minute to think back to your own childhood.....no matter what you did or she did, you know that your mom always did and still does love you, right? Your girls will always know the same thing and as long as they know you love them, nothing else matters.
Really.

Ashlee said...

Becca! This made me sad to read. I know it's been a while since we have seen eachother but everything I read on your blog feels so honest and leads me to believe that you are a fabulous mom. Your love for them is obvious and that is what matters most. Hugs from me!

Teri said...

Becca,
Don't be so hard on yourself. Mommy guilt is always there. No matter what we do. Your girls know you love them. And they love you so much. You are doing a fantastic job!

Anonymous said...

I know those painful experiences help us to take stock of where we are and improvements we need to make. It's hard. But it can be the catalyst to get us back in line. Those moments don't usually come very often. I kind of forget about them until one slaps me in the face. Ouch. I hope you're feeling better. :)