THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 25, 2008

A new beginning

Lance and I are going to try this again. He took me to lunch, and told me everything that I’d never dared to let myself hope he’d say. He apologized repeatedly for the things he’d said, and agreed to go to counseling. He wants to put our family back together, and is willing to do whatever it will take in order to get us there. I explained my reservations about it being such a short time –how could everything change? He replied with “you’ve never spent two weeks away from you, Rebecca”. Already he looks at me differently –already he gets the devastation of the loss of me. It goes without saying that I’ve never let go of Lance. I have loved him since I met him. Things got clouded as he disconnected, and he has told me that he knows he has a lot to make up for. I couldn’t forgive myself if I didn’t give it a chance. There’s too much at stake. Two little girls are going to have peace again. I never lost myself in this process and I believe I may have found what I’ve always wanted. Time will tell.

3 comments:

matt&meg said...

I think the precious faces of your girls tell you what you wanna know. They are happy babies!

Joni said...

I'm so happy for you and think you are right, your family deserves a second chance. I'm glad that man finally came to his senses! You are an amazing woman!

Ashlee said...

Becca those are beautiful pictures of a beautiful family worth fighting for. I hope that this experience will bring you all closer and in the end you will be much happier than if it had never happened. We'll still keep you in our prayers for good measure :)