THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 23, 2008

I love......

I was reading my friend Joni's blog the other day and was inspired to jot down a few things I love -for the sake of my girls who will (I'm sure) need to know this someday.

*I love the sound of my children laughing. When they laugh, both of them get the "half moon" eyes that I have, and the look on their faces is priceless.

*I love chilling outside on a summer evening with my family. Nearly ever weekend we'll get the ole' classic rock tunes rolling and make a dutch oven with Ella zooming in and out of the house -and me freaking out about letting the flies in... Some of our best conversations happen here.

*I love homey scents -like cinnamon and apple. I always like my home to smell yummy and inviting. ...It makes people feel more welcome.

*On that note, I love being the "hostess" -not to a crazy degree like Monica from "Friends", but I love having people over and taking care of them.

*I love fresh clean laundry.

*I love the smell of my baby after her bath when she rubs her eyes and looks at me with so much wonder as I sing her a song or two before bed.

*I love Super Mario Cart -and the fact that Ella does too. Great bonding. *Great entertainment in crappy weather! :)

*I love going to the Farmer's Market on Saturday mornings -just to get out of the house, and look at fun creative things that others come up with.

*I love Christmas and all of the planning and wrapping and home-made card making, and cooking, and anticipation -it's intoxicating.

*I love shopping for pretty things for me (most mom's don't admit this) -like purses or make-up or a new pair of swanky sunglasses.

*I love watching Ella do the "wiggle-waggle dance" -that NEVER gets old.

*I love a good conversation with a friend that leaves me inspired to be better.

*I love becoming a full-on DIVA in my car when a good tune rolls out.

*I love going to sleep on nights that my alarm clock isn't going to wake me up the next morning.

I suppose I could go on for a LONG time, as more and more things come to my mind. I don't understand how someone can go through life without passion for what inspires them. I sincerely LOVE these things -and many more. I feel deeply, and wouldn't want to change that. I guess I am simply here to take in the experience, because I know how irreplaceable and fragile it all is.

1 comments:

Joni said...

Becca- I love it! You are such a fun person. I kept waiting to read about how much you love Christmas Crunch!! Wait....that wasn't us....I don't even know what Christmas Crunch is.....