THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Ella + Lexie

Ella is a funny girl. She has decided to attach herself to Lexie (my brother Dave's wife) in a CRAZY way. First at Mia's blessing, I've NEVER seen Ella be so well behaved sitting next to Lex. I didn't even have to break out the emergency Skittles! So the other day she got to go play with Lex and go to a band concert with her in the evening. When she came home I had to leave her downstairs for a few minutes while I put Mia back to sleep. Well, I heard the front door open, but wasn't in a position to yell down the stairs and see if she was there ...then came the wailing. Lots of crying -and it was sad crying too. I decided to zoom down (and left Mia hanging, who then started to cry too) and see what the problem was. Ella was cross-legged in the front doorway crying "I miss Lexie". Man. Kids don't get that no one will ever love them as much as you do, and how hard it is to grow a thick skin that can withstand the blows that comes with "but you have mommy" then "but I want Lexie". :) I'll post a picture of them together soon. Yeesh!

0 comments: